Using the data collected from your CNC control, via our Integrated Machine Analytics (IMA) adapter, allows you to actively monitor, as well as analyze, your production floor in real time. Management and shop floor personnel are able to identify problems or inefficiencies in their production line quickly and take action to remedy the situation. You will see improvements in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) along with a quick Return On Investment (ROI).
Mitsubishi Electric’s IMA adapters are compliant with version 1.31 of the MTConnect standard. MTConnect® is a standard that allows your CNC machines and other electrical equipment from different manufacturers, to share a common “language” enabling monitoring of your entire shop floor. The adapter is a read-only software package made to capture NC data and send it to the agent. The agent then formats the data per the MTConnect standard. Combined with 3rd party software, users are able to see operation status in real time, collect streaming data points from equipment events, and extract machining and operator patterns through data collection. Users can monitor dashboard visualizations, establish metric warning thresholds, or oversee their equipment through a mobile app.
If you are interested in purchasing an IMA adapter for your CNC control, please call us at 847-478-2520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
DATA ITEMS COLLECTED*
*The data items that can be captured are dependent on the model of your control and the client software capability.
- Controller Mode
- Program – Name, Line, Line Label, Block, Header, Message, Sub, Edit, Edit Name
- Part Count – Current, Target
- Execution Mode
- Equipment Mode – Loaded, Rapid, Tapping
- Emergency Stop
- Asset – Changed, Removed
- Alarms/Conditions – Travel, System, Logic, Motion, Coolant, Hydraulic, Lubrication, and Pneumatic
- Spindle – Speed, Rotary, Load, Override, Direction, Mode, Actual and Programmed Velocity
- Axis – Actual and Programmed Position/Angle, Load, Speed, Path Position
- Status - Active Axes, Loaded, Rapid, Tapping
- Feedrate – Actual, Commanded, Override
- Rapid Override
- Tool – Number, Standby, ID, Assets(Tool Manager)
- Single Block
- Dry Run
- One Common Communication Tool for All Equipment - No need to have specialized, proprietary software that restricts you to use certain equipment, or having to purchase multiple software packages.
- Capture Data in a Single Interface that is Easy to Read - With dashboard visuals, workers and management can easily see if they are meeting established targets and thresholds.
- Improve OEE for Your Facility - Per The Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT), numerous manufacturers that have implemented machine monitoring have seen a 20% improvement in OEE.
- Gives Management a Complete Overview of Shop Floor Activity - Management can see how machines are operating in real-time, allowing them to catch problems early and improve overall efficiency.
- Complete ROI in 4~6 Months after Implementation - Implementing machine monitoring pays for itself quickly, increasing the profitability of your company.
*MTConnect is a registered trademark of AMT - The Association For ManufacturingTechnology.
Adapters are available for the following control models:
- Citizen M700 series
- Citizen M70 Series
- Mori M730 series
How do I get started?
Please submit your name and contact information and one of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly.