MELFA CR series features
Please refer to the "Catalogs" or the "Manuals" for RV-CR series.
MITSUBISHI INDUSTRIAL ROBOT MELFA RV-8CRL Catalog
RV-8CRL Standard Specifications Manual
Slim and compact
Longest-in-class arm length
- Highest-in-class load capacity
Featuring a highest-in-class maximum load capacity of 8kg, these robots boast a lighter-weight structure and reduced unit weight thanks to their simplified drive system and optimized arm structure, resulting in enhanced load capacity.
- Largest-in-class effective working area
Offers highest-in-class maximum reach radius of 931 mm. The use of a no-offset lower arm structure eliminating the J2-axis joint offset minimizes the interference region in the minimum turning radius and provides the largest-in-class effective working area.
Featuring a new motor
- Pursuing practical performance
Uses an HK motor, the latest servomotor from Mitsubishi Electric. This allows improved torque characteristics, accuracy, and responsiveness while substantially reducing the size and weight. This adds up to much better robot performance and greater compactness.
- Continuous operation performance
Lighter weight and improved heat release translate to improved continuous operation performance.
Simple structure improves ease of maintenance
- Beltless coaxial drive mechanism
A coaxial drive mechanism without belts is used for transmission to each axis (excluding the J4 and J5 axes).
Simplification of the structure has improved transmission efficiency and reliability while also improving the ease of maintenance.
- No backup battery
The use of the new HK motor eliminates the need for a battery to back up the robot's internal encoder.
This eliminates the cost and effort of regular replacement as well as the risk of losing origin coordinates due to battery failure.
Can be used in oil mist environments
- Standard IP65 support
Comes standard with environmental resistance features allowing installation in plants and equipment where dust or oil mist is present.
User wiring/piping built into arm
A signal wire and air piping that can be used for gripper control, etc., are built in from the base to the forearm. Both ends of the signal wire have universal D-sub connectors for use in various applications.
MELFA Smart Plus Features
MELFA Smart Plus is an option that brings next-generation intelligence to MELFA FR series robots.
This provides leading-edge functions for all phases of customer's operations, from design and startup through to operation and maintenance.
*Activated with the insertion of a Smart Plus card into CR800 controller.
Through the use of highly accurate vision sensors and force sensors that control the levels of force applied by robots, it is now possible to automate extremely difficult tasks that have been beyond the scope of automation in the past.
Example of intelligent technology
- Force sensor: Checks pressing force and force conditions at time of insertion, improving operational quality.
- 3D vision sensor: Kitting and separation of scattered or stacked workpieces.
- 2D vision sensor: Vision sensor configuration tool allows easy calibration of robot and camera.
Tracking and additional axis control
Comes standard with tracking and additional axis control
- Robot tracks workpiece on conveyor, allowing transfer, alignment, and assembly without stopping conveyor.
Additional axis control
- Build user mechanism controlling additional axes simultaneously with robot such as robot drive axis or turntable or separate from robot such as loader or positioning device. Control up to 8 axes.
- Our MELSERVO(MR-J4-B) servomotor can be used with additional axes.
- Safety monitoring function
We will prepare a safety function compliant with international standards that simplifies risk assessments.
- Safety I/O
Extends redundant safety I/O to 8 inputs and 4 outputs. Enables development of various safety systems.
- Safety logic editing
Simplifies development and operation of safety systems with safety logic editing.
RV-CR series lineup
D Type Controller (Standalone type)
Robot arm options (RV-CR series)